MoveIt Workshop 2019 Macau
The first annual MoveIt Workshop 2019 Macau will be on Saturday, November 2, 2019, the day after ROSCon. Sponsored by PickNik Consulting, it is an informal day of presentations, panel discussions, and hands-on training of latest MoveIt features from some of the top thinkers in the ROS community. Some topics to be covered include:
- MoveIt 2 Progress and Direction
- Intel’s Work on MoveIt and ROS2 Grasping
- Discussing a new Inverse Kinematics plugin API to support constraint-based solvers and velocity IK
- Latest features and research in OMPL and how it relates to MoveIt
- Discussions on what is hard for newcomers?
- MoveIt 2 Capabilities Roadmapping
- Panel Discussion About MoveIt Ideal User
- Hands on with the Task Constructor
- Lightning Round Discussions
- Industrial trajectory generation with pilz_industrial_motion
- ROS-Industrial Manipulation Efforts
People attending ROSCon and/or IROS Macau will want to attend this one-day event which is being held at the Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 8:30am - 5:00pm. The MoveIt Workshop 2019 is geared towards experienced and advanced users of MoveIt, but novices are welcome to attend as well.
Accelerate Your Robotics Development | About PickNik: Robots are complex systems that require a wide breadth of expert knowledge spanning multiple disciplines, making robotics development extremely difficult and costly. Since 2015, PickNik’s mission has been to address this technical challenge while dramatically reducing development time for advanced robotic applications. To achieve this, PickNik supports and collaborates with the worldwide open source robotics movement, providing companies with cutting edge research and barrier-free open source software.
PickNik is rooted with a strong background in robotics theory combined with applied software experience to provide unique solutions. Robotics companies including Google, Amazon, Kindred, and many others are partnering with PickNik to develop robotic applications to address the toughest issues through software consulting, custom development, and other initiatives. By working together, we can accomplish far more than by working alone.
If you would like more information please contact Rob Coleman at email@example.com